hotkey bug in FrameMaker 10

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Nov 21 08:46:05 PST 2011

On 21/11/2011 11:14 AM, Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain at aeris.net) wrote:
> It also works for me by simply clicking back in the document (anywhere …
> including at the place the cursor was to begin with!).
>
> To me, this behavior is pretty “normal” … meaning that once the
> paragraph (or character) designer pod comes up, the focus has changed
> and needs to be brought back to the document … where the hotkeys are
> valid input.

It is standard behaviour; the same is true in FM 7 or Word, and most
other programs.  It's just a little confusing in FM 9/10 because these
pod-thingys don't look like regular dialog boxes.  But in most programs,
when a dialog is open, shortcuts only work in the context of that dialog.

My thanks to the earlier poster who mentioned Shift + F7 to put the
focus back in the document -- that means MANY fewer time-sucking
mouse-clicks I'll have to use!

s.

--
Stuart Rogers