Pulling cover information for Running H/F

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Sun Oct 2 05:17:48 PDT 2011

Hi Anne,

You can only do this with structured FrameMaker documents. With unstructured documents, the information has to be in the document for it to show up in the Running H/F variables. I would suggest that you use user variables for this information. You have to go through the extra step of filling in the variables’ definitions, you can easily import them into all of the book components. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com

Is it possible to have a Running H/F pulled from the cover document and appear in the footer throughout the entire book?

I would like the document version and software version on my cover to appear in the footer throughout my guide.

I created paratags for each and am using

Running H/F 11 <$paratext[VersionDoc]>
Running H/F 12 <$paratext[VersionSoft]>

Unless I have the information in each file it will not populate in the footer.

Thanks,

Anne