Table templates (FrameMaker 10)

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Oct 6 06:37:55 PDT 2011

Hi Steve,

When you create or update a table format, each cell's paragraph format from
the first row in each column is stored as part of the table format. This
applies to heading, body, and footing rows. However, it only stores
paragraph formats, not content like text and anchored frames. There are two
ways you could handle this:

1) Use a font for the step numbers and apply that paragraph format to the
first column in the table. In the Table Designer, click Update All, so that
when you insert a new table, the paragraph format will be used in that
column.

2) Make an example table with anchored frames, etc. and store it on a
Reference Page, where you can use as a boilerplate table. There is a plugin
that can be used to insert boilerplate content from a Reference Page; I
think it is called AutoText.

Of course, you could use FrameScript to automate the insertion of the table
and the appropriate number of step graphics. Please let me know if you have
any questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267