Receiving your own posts to the list (was RE: deleting a variable across an entire book)

Fri Sep 2 12:33:40 PDT 2011

Syed Zaeem Hosain wrote:

> Interesting ... when I use a "Cc:" to include the FrameUsers list, I get
> copied back through the list eventually.
>
> But, if I put the address in the "To:" field, it apparently does NOT
> come back (to me anyway) in a subsequent e-mail.

On your mailing list membership configuration page (link is in footer of messages to you), one of the options you can set determines whether you get copies of your own posts. I have it turned on. It sounds like turning it off prevents you from getting copies when you directly post to the list, but the setting doesn't affect Cc's or Bcc's.

> So ... did people see my first response (as shown below), or did it go
> away completely? If so, I will need to be more careful with my replies,
> I guess!

Yes, it appeared.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer