Receiving your own posts to the list (was RE: deleting a variable across an entire book)

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Sep 2 12:54:56 PDT 2011

Richard Combs wrote:
>Syed Zaeem Hosain wrote:
> > Interesting ... when I use a "Cc:" to include the FrameUsers list, I get copied back through the list eventually.
> >
> > But, if I put the address in the "To:" field, it apparently does NOT come back (to me anyway) in a subsequent e-mail.

> On your mailing list membership configuration page (link is in footer of messages to you), one of the options you can set determines whether you get copies of your own posts. I have it turned on. It sounds like turning it off prevents you from getting copies when you directly post to the list, but the setting doesn't affect Cc's or Bcc's.

Ah! Thanks for this information!

As I recall, I do get a copy back when I _originate_ posts to the list directly (i.e., without being part of a reply, but in the "To:" field), so I must have that setting on.

Maybe it is yet different when it is in the "To:" field with other addresses in that field as well.

Regardless, I will be more careful to see how I am replying.

> > So ... did people see my first response (as shown below), or did it go away completely? If so, I will need to be more careful with my replies, I guess!

> Yes, it appeared.

Thanks for the confirmation!