font errors/problems

jburgdor jburgdor at cisco.com
Thu Sep 15 11:14:37 PDT 2011

Art + Richard--

Thanks for your responses. And some answers:

.         This script is now and has for some months been running on a
single machine.

.         The script was running fine without alteration, producing no
errors, and then . poof, the font problems began.

.         Am running FM9.0p237.

.         Here's the info in maker.ini:

DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics=On

;

; Sizes which will appear in the Format dialog boxes:

;

Sizes=7pt, 8pt, 9pt, 10pt, 11pt, 12pt, 14pt, 18pt, 24pt, 36pt

;

; Definition of the font vocabulary:

;   Angles, Variations: a list of the words.

;   Weight: the list of words and the associated weight for Windows, if any.

;

Angles=Regular, Kursiv, Slanted, Oblique, Italic, Obliqued

Variations=UltraCompressed, ExtraCompressed, Compressed, Condensed, Narrow,
Regular, Wide, Poster, Expanded

Weights=Thin 100, ExtraLight 200, SemiLight 250, Light 300, Book 300,
Regular 400, SemiBold 600, DemiBold 600, Bold 700, ExtraBold 800, Heavy 900,
Bolded 700

.         The script specifies AdobePDF as the printer driver; that is also
the default printer set on this machine. I see nothing else in the script
that manipulates fonts.

.         The script developer is available, and not me, but is stumped by
all this as well. Like I said, it began happening out of the blue: no
changes in machines, drivers, script, fM versions. Go figure.

That's what I know.

--John