FrameMaker 10 Generates Read Only PDFs

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:43:30 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I recently upgraded from TCS 2.0 to TCS 3.5. I have FrameMaker 10 and
Acrobat X.

I am experiencing an incredibly frustrating behavior. Whenever I generate a
PDF from FrameMaker 10, the PDF is read only. If I make a change to the PDF,
an error message displays that says:

The document could not be saved. The file may be read only, or another user
may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a
different folder.

If I attempt to delete the document, it says:

The action can't be completed because the file is open in Acrobat.exe.

Except I don't have Acrobat open!! I have to reboot my machine in order to
delete the PDF. I find this to be absolutely ridiculous. If anyone can
provide suggestions about how to troubleshoot this issue, please let me know

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini