Patent Listing

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Aug 23 16:39:53 PDT 2012

Hi, Alison.

In my position, I deal with patents quite a bit - have a few that I am on the inventor list. :) Which doesn't mean that I am an expert, but I interact with our patent attorneys a lot and I set some internal policy.

The main point I would make is that the fact that a third-party has licensed a patent to your company to use is _not_ really necessary to identify. It is a _business_ and contractual relationship between your company and the licensee.

Therefore, in your documentation, it may just be _sufficient_ to just add the patent numbers in the same way you identified the Ultrasonix patents in the sample wording (first sentence) in your e-mail.

But, most importantly, your question is best answered by your own patent attorneys (whether in-house or a retained firm), or your official Legal Counsel. They may have specific policy requirements that will let you know what to do.

Regards,