OT - Using a Defect Tracking System to Create a Glossary

Roopa Belur rbelur at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 06:18:18 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have been assigned to create a comprehensive and a single glossary for documentation purposes. I am researching and evaluating several options at this time, and one of the suggestions i have received is to define a workflow (from Product Manager to Dev to Doc) using our defect tracking system.

We currently use Siebel to track defects. What are the pros and cons of using a defect tracking system to set up a workflow for a glossary? What are some of the concerns with this approach?

The eventual intent is to create a global file in Frame and use RoboHelp to make it available online to various groups within the company.

Please share your views when you have a minute.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,
Roopa

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

--H.H. the Dalai Lama