Wordcount at Book level rather than FIle level

Rod Fee rodfee at xtra.co.nz
Wed Feb 1 19:22:25 PST 2012

Hi there,

I am using:

Windows 7 64 bit and

Framemaker 10.0.1.408

I am writing a book. I have a Framemaker 'book' file and in it I have 25 or
so chapters which are each separate files.

My need is to put a word count somewhere at the beginning of the book that
is a count of all words in the book.

I note that there is a word count feature per file which I can use but it is
boring doing this all the time on each file and then adding them up.

I am new to scripting in FM and though I see one or two scripts that say
they do what I want to they either cost money or are made fro earlier
versions and do not appear (to me anyway) to give any result when I run them
from File/Scripts.

Can anyone assist?

Great forum by the way. I have learned heaps just reading the flow of emails
coming in for all sorts of strange and wonderful purposes J

Regards,

Rod Fee