Phantom character format override in FrameMaker 10

Bernard Gagne bernygagne at rogers.com
Tue Feb 21 08:08:19 PST 2012

Hi Joseph,
Do you use Conditional Text?
The last time I checked (and the main reason I stopped using conditional text at my last company) Frame creates a character format override for every line of a praragraph that is conditionalized. It was a major pain for us, especially with multiple languages. We found it easier to nuke the conditions.

Bernard Gagne
Lead Technical Writer
Thinkpath Engineering