Anchored Frame/Pagination bug?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Jan 11 09:56:39 PST 2012

On 10/01/2012 6:44 PM, Lynn Gold wrote:
> I'm using FrameMaker 10. In several chapters I have a Figure Title tag
> containing an Anchored Frame set to anchor "Below the Current Line" and
> "Left."
>
> When the Anchored Frame is larger than the amount of space left on the
> page, instead of putting the frame below the text on the next page, FM
> 10 puts the Figure Title on one page and the Anchored Frame on the next
> page.
>
> Using "Keep with next paragraph" on the Figure Title paragraph has no
> effect; it still remains on the previous page.
>
> Have I found a bug, or is there something I need to be doing differently?

I think you've found either a bug or deliberately changed behaviour that
Adobe didn't tell us about.  In FM 9, my tests show that the
Widow/Orphan setting is respected, and so that number of lines is
carried over a page break along with the anchored frame.  You don't
happen to have a forced return at the end of your Title pgf? That, plus
a low W/Orphan setting might cause what you're seeing.

A work-around (or what may be a better practice anyway) is to put the
anchored frame in its own dedicated left-aligned pgf (at insertion
point), then set your Title tag to Keep with Next Pgf.  That method
gives you much more control over spacing.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator