Copying large data sets into tables

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Mon Jan 30 12:57:08 PST 2012

Hi Andy

You can convert the table to text in Word, using a paragraph delimiter or whatever. Then copy and paste the text into FrameMaker. Then select the text in FM and convert it to a table (Table > Convert to Table), using the same delimiter. This works fine so long as there are no straddled (merged) cells in the original table.

Before you do it, ensure that the ClipboardFormatsPriorities line in your maker.ini file has TEXT as the first option. If not, either change it, or when pasting use Edit > Paste Special > Text.

Hope this helps.

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation
AV-BASE Systems Inc.