Generating index, issues & White screen

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Sat Jul 14 03:57:32 PDT 2012

Hi Framers:
I am having problems with a routine task I have done thousand times. Very
exasperating
I am working in unstructured mode and after a lot of crash-free editing,
finished and started to re-index the files.
However, whatever I did, I got a white screen.
My process explorer reports FM9 static at 166,908 K and stuck.

What I tried:
1 Rebooting did not clear the problem
2 Saving one of the affected files as a .mif did not clear it
3 Reinstalling Framemaker did not clear it.

The only odd thing out of the ordinary is FM took a long time to start with
many slow, or multiple instances.

Could this be an .ini file problem?

Any hints gratefully tried.
Thanks so much for this list!