Multiple Columns

Robert Leif rleif at rleif.com
Fri Jun 8 17:01:04 PDT 2012

I have been unable to produce a 2 column poster from a single column page. I
changed the size of the page to 24 by 44 inches. Subsequently, I changed the
column layout to two columns separated by 0.5 inch. I set balance columns to
yes and then no. The flow wanders from column to column rather than first
filling the left column and then the right column. It also appears that
often, I now cannot increase the width of the page from 8.5 or 12 inches to
24 inches. This two column layout worked with FrameMaker 9 and its
precursors. Do I need to reinstall FrameMaker 9? Since the last versions of
FrameMaker were internet installations, I do not have a copy of FrameMaker
9. I need to produce this poster for a meeting that I will attend.

Thank you.

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.

Vice President

Newport Instruments