Automatic ligatures

Jeff Coatsworth jeff.coatsworth at jonassoftware.com
Wed Mar 28 06:16:23 PDT 2012

FM9+ changed the way the UI looks and functions to be more mouse-oriented; people who used keyboard shortcuts have had to adapt a bit to the new UI. From a tech writing point of view, bundling the Technical Communication Suite together provides more ways of generating help output via RoboHelp now. FM9 introduced the book of books concept and folders within books; FM10 doesn't do much more with that. The biggest "push" is towards structured authoring (DITA and other schemas) and content management systems (CMS).

If you've got a spare machine, you can download the free trial & play around for 30 days with copies of your docs to see if you like it. You can also run the trial on a an Adobe virtual space online if you don't want to download it.