Framemaker 10 and DITA

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Wed May 9 17:47:51 PDT 2012

Hi Kat...

There's absolutely no reason you can't create PDFs and JavaHelp from
DITA authored in FM10. Whether DITA is right for you is a completely
different issue. Lots of people are happily using DITA with FM10 and
producing various types of output.

I'm not sure if you're questioning using FM10 with DITA or the use of
DITA at all.

If PDF is one of your deliverables, then FM(whatever version) is
certainly an ideal choice for authoring/publishing tools. To get
JavaHelp from DITA, you can use any number of tools .. RoboHelp, Flare,
or the DITA-OT .. the fact that you're using FM to author the DITA files
has no bearing on the tool you use to generate the output in this case.

If you're looking for more opinions on FrameMaker and DITA, you might
try posting to the framemaker-dita Yahoo group.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.