Resources to help a newbie create DITA documents in FrameMaker 10

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:01:10 PDT 2012

Hi Robert

You are correct in saying that it takes more time to be productive with
FrameMaker and DITA, but I think "two weeks or more of downtime" is a bit
exaggerated. With DITA-FMx, you can be up and running within an hour (or
two). Moreover, DITA-FMx has good documentation and an excellent sample
(i.e. the documentation itself). And if you know how to design FrameMaker
templates, you can have your customized PDFs in a day (or two), which can
easily take two weeks or more with XSL-FO.

Cheers

Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu