Positioning Caption Under Run-in Figure

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Thu May 24 07:56:13 PDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who has replied on the list or privately!

I discovered that I didn't have the problem I thought I had. I had another one.

If you are curious, read on.

I was adding x-refs into the text methodically, going from figure to figure. When I went looking for Figure 2-8, it wasn't there in the Cross-ref'erence drop-down list.. The list skipped from Figure 2-7 to Figure 2-10. I assumed that it happened because I'd put the captions to Figures 2-8 and 2-9 into the anchored frame and Frame had not "seen" them.

I didn't scroll down further, because never in 20 years has FrameMaker listed the figure numbers out of order.

But when I do scroll down in the listing in the Cross-Reference box, the list goes like this:

Figure 2-6
Figure 2-7
Figure 2-10
Figure 2-8
Figure 2-9
Figure 2-9
Figure 2-10
Figure 2-8
Figure 2-11
Figure 2-12

and on normally.

Now I am hunting through the file using Find -- Paragraph Tag "Caption" to see what it turns up. Maybe I've buried figure tags behind anchored frames or some such bizarre thing. This problem is definitely related to my use of Run-in anchored frames, which I've never used before . . . but I think I did something strange, not FrameMaker!

--Nancy