Confluence 4 export: the one feature that would justify my upgrading from FM10

Roger Shuttleworth shuttie27 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:04:22 PST 2012

There was a Confluence plugin that would import a ditamap into
Confluence 3.5. I believe it was called Dita2Confluence and was
developed by Lisa Dyer. It worked pretty well once you got the
environment variables sorted out. But it was only one-way, so you
couldn't use it to update your XML files.

Then Confluence moved from wiki markup in v.3 to XHTML in v.4, rendering
the import utility obsolete. As far as I know there has been no
development of it since then. Indeed, in moving to v.4 Confluence broke
a number of other things, including most if not all of our user macros.
We are still using 3.5.

Roger Shuttleworth
London, Canada