Confluence 4 export: the one feature that would justify my upgrading from FM10

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Nov 29 15:45:17 PST 2012

Atlassian eventually documented the storage format:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Confluence+Storage+Format

Currently, the main limitation of the storage format is that there are
no tools for exporting or importing it, only a couple of APIs someone
could use to write such tools.

As I noted before, you can use ePublisher to populate a Confluence 4
server with content from FrameMaker. The problem I encountered was
that (since ePublisher uses wiki markup instead of storage format
XHTML) the pages created are difficult or impossible to edit.