Localization Process with FrameMaker 10

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 06:57:05 PDT 2012

> Your workflow description is comprehensive!!
> One thing I have to add:
> You must make sure Translation memory is provided in an open format
> (TMX)otherwise you are stuck to same vendor or to same tool.

Any vendor that claims their TM isn't exportable in an open format
(TMX, XLIF, etc.) is not a vendor you should trust. We use multiple
tools in-house depending on what our clients might use (some companies
invest in CAT tools to manage the TM on their side as well) and what
capabilities we need for the job. Not all CAT tools are created equal.

--
Bill Swallow
Content Solutions Manager