Frame 7.1/Acrobat 9: unable to generate PS or save as PDF

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Sep 10 11:54:04 PDT 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:46:47 +0200, Eric-Oluf Svee <eric-sve at dsv.su.se> wrote:

>Greetings FrameUsers!
>
>I am using Frame for a project after a long absence (was a member of
>this group from 1997-2002)
>
>I cannot generate a PDF or PS file using Acrobat 9. Frame hard crashes
>each time I try to either "Save as PDF" or "Print to file" using Acrobat
>as the printer.

It's unlikely Frame 7.1 will play nicely with Acrobat 9,
which was released some years later...

>I have patched up to the latest level of Frame 7.1, and am running XP.
>
>Am a bit stuck because without PDF support I'll be forced to migrate the
>project over to InDesign or (horror) MS Word......

Heavens, don't do *that*!  Uninstall Acrobat 9, and re-install
Frame 7.1 so that you get the original version of Distiller
it shipped with.  Do *not* reinstall any version of Acrobat
on the same machine; it will mess you up again.  Either look
for alternatives to Acrobat for whatever you needed it for,
or install it on a different machine.  It should be OK to
patch Frame 7.1 up again, using the patches you already have.

HTH!

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/