Help with unicode and question marks

Wei JIANG [PT-CN] jiangw at polytrans.com.cn
Mon Sep 17 17:01:25 PDT 2012

Hello Alison and Stuart,

Myriad Pro IS a Unicode font. The thing is, that specific character, and
many other characters in the same group, are not included in this font.
You can verify this in Character Map.

So, Unicode is a way to encode the characters in a font, but that font
may not include all characters. Even if in the so-called "catch-all" font
Arial Unicode MS, some characters are missing!

Kindest,
Wei Jiang
English<>Chinese Translator and Multilingual DTPer based in Beijing, China