save as... FM 8 Mif

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Sep 28 17:07:19 PDT 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:53:45 +0200, Mario Valerio
<mail at marionet.it> wrote:

>I'm not expert with Trados, but the agency say me that their specific
>version of Trados works fine only with mif 8 files.

The *only* way you can make MIF 8 is with Frame 8.

Another good reason to upgrade from FM 9, 10,
and 11 to FM8.  I believe Adobe now allows that
upgrade.  They definitely did under their TLP
(Transactional Licensing Program), which anyone
can use to purchase Frame.

If Trados isn't supporting versions later than 8,
that would be a showstopper for many users...
but if the agency simply has an older version of
Trados, you might need a different agency.

Anybody know if Trados does support versions
later than MIF 8?

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/