FM11 - Delay with F8 and F9 applying formats

john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com
Mon Apr 1 08:06:06 PDT 2013

Not really...I press F9 and the menu pops up almost immediately

  From:       "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek at zebra.com>

  To:         "framers at lists.frameusers.com" <framers at lists.frameusers.com>

  Date:       04/01/2013 11:00 AM

  Subject:    FM11 - Delay with F8 and F9 applying formats

  Sent by:    framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com

Has anyone else noticed a delay when using F8/F9 for apply formats in FM11?

We set up the shortcuts for styles years ago so we only had to 1-3 keys for
applying them.  It seems to me in FM11 with the format list popping up,
there's a 1/2 second or longer delay when trying to apply styles.

For example, we use the key combo F8>b4>ENTER to apply one of our bullet
styles. BUT.. in FM11, I've been ending up with our 1_Heading1 style (since
its first in line of style names) because the system is playing catch up.
It's registering F8, but then has to display the list, so "b4" is missed
and it just registers the ENTER, applying the first style in the list.

-Carla

errors or omissions.