I need italics for ship names in my Roman list of figures &a graphics issue with memory

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Apr 2 08:28:38 PDT 2013

On 2013-Apr-02 5:24 AM, Rob Shell wrote:
> Dear Framers:
>
> I need the italicsof ship namesin my captions to illustrations respected
> in the List of Figures (LOF). The fig. part is simple
>
> e.g.
>
> *Fig 1:3~*/HMS Vanguard/enters Table Bay
>
> I am sure I have learnt this some time ago and know how todo theIndexes
> in this way, but cannot find the trick in the manual.

Apply the italics in your captions using a character tag, not an
override (i.e., don't use Ctrl+I or the Format-menu italics command).

> Despite my early misgivings of FM11 I can happily report on flawless
> operations.
>
> However, I do get the occasional "Cannot importsomegraphics"
>
> All my graphics are jpg and below 250k and are referenced according to
> the best practice of this listservso I am puzzled by what is causing
> this instability.
>
> Would it be good to increase my Graphics memory or RAM or both?

Don't know why you'd get that message; 4 GB should be adequate unless
you have a lot of applications/files open at once.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator