PDF Import

Brad Anderson brad at frameusers.com
Tue Apr 16 04:58:49 PDT 2013

Framers,

I've been running several automated tasks through FrameMaker.  All image formats convert to PDF fairly quickly EXCEPT PDF files.  If I import pages of separate PDF files into a FrameMaker document, converting to PDF slows to a crawl.  I'm curious why this happens.

The latest try is a 200+ page document (with roughly 6 "thumbnail" PDF pages per page).  It took all weekend (> 48 hours to create a PS file).  The PostScript file failed to distill.  I'm curious what can speed up the process and make it less likely to fail.

Converting several hundred pages of PDF files to a different format is not a good option here also because of time and maintenance.

Thanks,

Brad