PDF Import

Arnis Gubins arnis at geofx.on.ca
Tue Apr 16 11:02:19 PDT 2013

Brad,

FM converts (on the fly) PDFs to EPS internally, so if you have a lot of
them (I'm assuming one of your PatternStream catalogues) and you don't
have your TEMP area on a big fast SSD, it's going to spend a lot of time
writing out and reading back in temp files.

All I can suggest (though you don't want to hear it) is to create an
Acrobat actionscript to batch convert the PDFs to EPS first and then try
those in your automation. Perhaps do a small batch as a test to see if
the throughput is improved.

Regards,

Arnis