An interesting Mif2Go project - will this work?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Sun Aug 4 06:59:20 PDT 2013

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 01:14:59 -0400, John Sgammato <john.sgammato at actifio.com> wrote:

>Ah! I guess I could just conditionalize the
>knowledge base and non-kb content...
>It took too long to think of that :(

That would be the most robust method, and
probably the quickest.  I'd suggest that you
conditionalize the NON-KB part. then hide it.

Set up your output directory for HTML below
the Frame book file, as usual, and make
another one for OH next to it.  When you
have the HTML as you want it, copy the
_m2html.ini to the OH directory and rename
it to _m2omnihelp.ini.  Then run the OH
project.

All you want from it is the projname_ohc.js
file.  Delete the first line, and edit the
last line to match the rest.  Now you can
do two search/replaces, say in Notepad++,
to replace field 1, "[?,", with "1,", and
the ending "]" with ",PAS_51,sites,en_US".
All done, in a minute or two.  ;-)

Use your list with the HTML files of the
HTML project, not the ones from the OH
project, which have some JS used only by OH.
The filenames and titles will all be identical.

HTH!

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/