An interesting Mif2Go project - will this work?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Sun Aug 4 12:25:53 PDT 2013

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 13:56:49 -0400, John Sgammato <john.sgammato at actifio.com> wrote:

>I am making progress, but I cannot find an AppManager _ohc.js or any
>other _ohc.js file. I can't see any new .js files anywhere in the
>project. I got OmniHelp output.
>Do I have to turn it on somewhere?

No, it's definitely there.  The name is YOUR project name,
FOLLOWED by _ohc.js.  So if your Frame book is "MyFrame.book",
it would be "MyFrame_ohc.js".  It is in the output directory.
There are six *_oh?.js files that contain the TOC, index, etc.
for every OmniHelp project.

>In possibly related news - I do not have pkzip25 anywhere on my
>machine. The log says it was used to make the ship zip, but that's not
>so - there's nothing in \ship and I do not even have pkzip.
>Should I install it? Or was it supposed to be installed with Mif2Go?

Yikes!  No, that's an *example* entry, in
  %omsyshome%\common\local\configs\local_omsys.ini

;====================================
; Archiving output for distribution
;====================================

[Automation]
; To have Mif2Go or DITA2Go package output, you need an archiving program
; that can be run from a command line, such as WinZip (wzzip) or PKZip.
; Specify the command to run the archiver:

; For WinZip (for example):
;ArchiveCommand = "c:\program files\winzip\wzzip"

; For PKZip (for example):
ArchiveCommand = C:\bin\pkzip25
;
; Command-line parameters required before the archive name:
ArchiveStartParams = -add
; Command-line parameters required after the archive name:
ArchiveEndParams = *.*

You need to edit it to use the command and parameters
of whatever you use to make zips; there are numerous
free programs out there for it.  I suggest 7-zip if
you don't already have one:
  http://www.7-zip.org/

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/