External Linking - Cross-ref or Hyperlink?

Lisa Freeman Lfreeman at oneil.com
Wed Aug 14 08:26:43 PDT 2013

Hello All,

FrameMaker 10, Unstructured. A co-worker has a 3 volume set of manuals and needs to create links between various files within the manual sets. I can make the links work using a cross-reference easily but it creates an absolute link path. These links will obviously not work when delivered to her customer.

Is there a way to force Frame (and the resulting PDF file) to use a relative path instead? I see where that's an option using a hyperlink but it seems like it should be possible in a cross-ref. She has literally hundreds of these links to do so I'm trying to find her the easiest way accomplish her task.

Please note that we are not in a position to write a script at this time and she will be maintaining these manuals for at least the short term anyway.

We appreciate any tips you can provide!

Sincerely,
Lisa Freeman
Publication Support Analyst

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.