OT: HTML Help Related Topics control and character encoding

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Wed Feb 13 02:44:07 PST 2013

We're using the HTML Help Related Topics ActiveX control.  When we
create an <Item> with Arabic text for the title, the wrong characters
appear in the Topics Found dialog box, even when the system locale is
set to Arabic.  Everything else in the compiled help uses the correct
Arabic characters, whether or not the system locale is set to Arabic.
The encoding used by our translator is windows-1256.

Is there something we can try, or is this just a limitation of the control?