OT: HTML Help Related Topics control and character encoding

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Wed Feb 13 08:32:23 PST 2013

Hi, Jeremy.  I'm using SBAppLocale to compile (as recommended in the
Mif2Go Guide!), and Search is working OK in Arabic. In fact, the Arabic
is OK everywhere in the output -- except for the Related Topics button
text, and the link text in the Related Topics "Topics Found" dialog box.

Setting aside the compilation, if I just open an HTML page in a browser,
everything is in Arabic, except the text on the Related Topics button
(which is in something like Cyrillic) and the text in the Related Topics
dialog for the button (which is all question marks unless I set the
system locale to Arabic, in which case it's something like Cyrillic).

The pages are all encoded with windows-1256.