dual monitor serup ? - Frame-10

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 08:59:32 PST 2013

I don't have specific info for setting up FM10 but definitely agree that dual monitors are the way to go.  I love my old SyncMaster 213T monitors - 21" LCDs running at 1600x1200 resolution (or 1200x1600 portrait) running on my Windows XP system.  Depending on your system, you may or may not need to add a second or a dual-head video card.  I chose the ATI Radeon series just to get a much faster image processor with more native graphics memory and free those resources from the system RAM.

Try looking for monitors which natively pivot to portrait mode (instead of mounting the monitor 'sideways'). You may not find them in a local store, but a quick search on NewEgg using the keyword "pivot" shows quite a few from brands like HP, Viewsonic, NEC, LG....  I assume other big online suppliers like TigerDirect will also have these available.

Software, if needed to support the rotated layout on your OS, should be included or available as a free download.  My 213Ts came with a package called PivotPro that lets you adjust lots of settings, plus you may be able to tweak things via Windows settings for best viewing...

- Les