TCS3.5 > FM10 to RoboHelp: Handling 'more info' help links in FM original

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Jan 29 09:07:12 PST 2013

If it's useful in the help, why is it not useful in the PDF? I don't get it.

I'd say you're migrating the source from RoboHelp to FrameMaker.

I have PDF and OLH conditions defined in my user guide / online help
FrameMaker source. Things I want only in the PDF use the PDF
condition, things I want only in the online help use the OLH
condition. My build script automatically sets the conditions for each
output.

I actually use those conditions in only one paragraph of a ~900-page
document, where I'm giving people instructions on how to navigate a
reference chapter with ~400 entries using the bookmarks in the PDF or
the TOC in the online help. If I could put context-sensitive links in
the relevant part of the application I wouldn't need those conditions
at all.