Pagination FM 11

Matt Sullivan matt at mattrsullivan.com
Wed Jan 30 12:36:47 PST 2013

I see extreme page breaks (as on p177 of the PDF), but no empty pages. Are you trying to get the pages to "concatenate"?

If so, I recommend combining the files into one FM file per chapter. There's no way to have a new FM file start at the end of the previous file without creating a text inset.

The folder structure you're using in the book file is intended for sectioning and volume control, not for segmenting at the chapter level.

An interesting note: (I was just writing this up in my book today…) Right-click on the Prep folder, and notice that there is the ability to name the section (uses the $chaptertitle variable), and to indicate the template file that should be used to create the divider page within your book.

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
technical communication | online training | eLearning

twitter: @mattrsullivan
phone: 714 960-6840