Pagination FM 11

Gutierrez, Anita Anita.Gutierrez at sage.com
Thu Jan 31 06:29:11 PST 2013

Hi Judy,

This is a wild guess out of nowhere. :)  Sometimes I've had "empty" pages which actually contain a tiny, invisible little text box-in other words, some object that Frame thinks it is supposed to keep. When I update the book or save the file, the empty pages remain unless I find the offending object and delete it.

If this theory is correct, when you show all conditions (making the document's content longer) the object lands within the content of your doc, so it doesn't cause the problem.  But, when you hide some conditions, the content shrinks and the little thingy is left stranded somewhere past the end-of-doc pilcrow-causing Frame to keep the pages.

To find out if this is correct, zoom out so you can see an entire Frame page.  Go to the last page and drag your mouse from upper left to lower right to select every last object on the page.  You should only see the standard elements of the master page (text flow frame, etc.).  If you see any other object besides the standard page elements, delete it. (Probably best not to delete everything on the page-just the non-standard object.)  You'll want to check all empty pages after the pilcrow, if there's more than one.

Good luck!
Anita