Pagination FM 11

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:05:57 PST 2013

Anita Gutierez wrote:

>This is a wild guess out of nowhere.
J  Sometimes I’ve had “empty”
>pages which actually contain a tiny, invisible little text box—in
 other
>words, some object that Frame thinks it is supposed to keep. When
>I update the book or save the file, the empty pages remain unless
>I find the offending object and delete it.
 This is much the same suggestion I was going to make. But there are other types of invisible things that cause the same behavior. For example, it can be an empty graphic frame rather than a text frame. And the text frame can be big rather than small--there have been cases in the past when users accidentally created a clone of the main text frame that is virtually impossible to see because it exactly overlies the default frame. A custom master page assignment also counts as something that will make a specific page non-empty even if there is no visible content.

-Fred Ridder