Issues Using Windows 7 and FrameMaker 8 & FrameMaker 11

George, Brenda (CAI) BGeorge at federatedinv.com
Wed Jul 3 13:24:57 PDT 2013

The office where I work uses an automated process to import xml files into FrameMaker 8 and process them into formatted FrameMaker files. This automated process has been created internally, utilizing scripts written in C. We have been using Windows XP and FrameMaker 8 in order to run this process. We want to upgrade to Windows 7. On a test computer using Windows 7 we attempted to run this process with FrameMaker 8. FrameMaker was loading the xml file but the xml file was not processing into a formatted FrameMaker file. We attempted to run this using FrameMaker 11 and the xml file was not processing.

Does anyone have any idea why we can't run this automated program using Windows 7?

Brenda George
Desk: (724) 720-8491
bgeorge at federatedinv.com

Unless notified to the contrary by the sender, the recipient should
consider the contents of this message including any attachments to
be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have
received this message in error, please contact Federated Investors
immediately by forwarding this email to notify at federatedinv.com and
then delete this message from your system. Saving, copying or
disseminating an inadvertently received email could violate state
and Federal privacy laws. All emails received by or sent from
Federated may be provided to regulators or law enforcement
agencies, or used for other purposes consistent with Federated's
business interests. Thank you for your cooperation.