OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Adobe 'Creative Cloud' (again)

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 13:35:19 PDT 2013

But Matt's has two points that I think are completely valid.

1) The licensing model for Creative Suite does not apply to FrameMaker (yet?) so the discussion is either moot or off-topic for this list (or both).

2) Nothing new is being said. All of the posters on this topic are simply restating what they have said several times before. We get it. You don't like the pay-as-you-go licensing model and won't buy into it if and when FrameMaker converts to that kind of plan, so at some point after that you'll stop using FrameMaker for anything.

I'm sure Adobe is aware that they will lose some percentage of their users if they convert their licensing model, but I'm sure they also believe that they will *gain* some new users who will be happy to license their products for a few months to see whether they work well for their purposes at a cost of a couple hundred dollars rather than having to fork out a kilobuck or more up-front.

-Fred Ridder