TOC has incorrect page numbers

Wed Jul 24 12:58:35 PDT 2013

David Millis wrote:

> This morning I discovered that the page numbering that is showing in my TOC is
> incorrect. The numbers are correct for a couple of chapters and at the
> beginning of the 3rd chapter. Then, in the middle of the 3rd chapter, the
> numbers are off by a page (should be 32 and is showing 31 in the TOC). I'm
> only using Headings 1 and 2 in the TOC and it's a Heading 1 where it starts to
> go south.

Make sure that generated lists are being regenerated when you update the book:

1) Select Edit > Update Book.
2) In the Update Book dialog, make sure that Generate Table of Contents, Lists, and Indexes is selected.
3) Click Update.

Offhand, I can't think of any other reason why page numbering would be incorrect starting in the middle of a file. But if that doesn't fix it, maybe somebody else will have an idea.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom