Mysterious Color9 being added to FrameMaker files

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Mon Jun 10 07:29:01 PDT 2013

There's a FrameMaker user here (FrameMaker 10, Windows XP) who is getting a color definition called Color9 added to some of his files, and he's not going into the color menu and defining it. He notices the problems when he updates the book and it says the color definition is inconsistent. We've been fixing it by just deleting that color definition, but we're kind of curious about why it keeps popping up.

We're using structured FrameMaker, and we do import XML files sometimes, but these aren't one of them. However, he does sometimes copy bits from Outlook, other FrameMaker files, or the PDF review copy which has reviewer's markups on it. Would any of these be a possible source of the mysterious Color9?

Fei Min

Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator
Medical Division