How to remove invisible imported graphic?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Jun 24 17:09:38 PDT 2013

On 24/06/2013 6:43 PM, Karen Robbins wrote:
> Hi Framers,
>
> My FM11 file contains a graphic imported by reference that I want to
> remove but cannot see. It's a big photo--I have no idea why it's
> suddenly "invisible". In fact, I thought it was already deleted.
>
> By saving the .fm file as .mif and opening in a text editor, I can see
> the reference to the graphic file. Of course I can delete that reference
> in the .mif file and re-save to .fm.
>
> If I substitute the reconstituted file for the original, will I have to
> remake my book and/or generated files (TOC and Index)? If so, how can I
> remove the unwanted graphic reference without making more work than
> necessary?

Haven't tested this, but I think if you generate a List of References
for imported graphics, you should be able to click the hyperlink, which
should cause the graphic to be selected -- then just hit delete.

Alternatively, if you know what page it's on, go to that page, click
outside the text frame, and try Esc o n (= Select Object, Next) until
you see the selection handles; again, just hit delete.

Hope one of these helps,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator