Save as PDF hangs FrameMaker 11, with PDF cover art

Shelly Schneider shelly at softest.com
Sun Mar 10 22:56:27 PDT 2013

Thank you, Simon! That was exactly the problem! I turned off Microsoft
Security Essentials [MSE] and that solved the problem. I first tried to
disable the Adobe .exe files - that didn't help. I had to disable MSE.  I
did alert the folks I had talked to at Adobe support, so hopefully they can
post something and be able to support customers with this problem in the
future.

I can't imagine how you sleuthed this solution in the first place, but I
sure am glad you did!! Thanks again!  -Shelly

Simon wrote ..
Are you perhaps using Microsoft Security Essentials [MSE] on your
workstation?

I have found from experience with customers that the Microsoft Anti-virus
Solution is way too aggressive, and was causing FrameMaker and/or Acrobat
Distiller to hand while attempting to print any graphics that contained
transparency areas.

If your company has a different Anti-virus suite available, I recommend
uninstalling MSE, and switching.

If you don't have that option, you will need to configure MSE to exclude
processes FrameMaker.exe, and Acrobat.exe, and perhaps add folder exclusion
too.

Regards
// Simon BUCH