Save as PDF hangs FrameMaker 11, with PDF cover art

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Thu Mar 7 07:59:05 PST 2013

Hello Shelly,

Are you perhaps using Microsoft Security Essentials [MSE] on your
workstation?

I have found from experience with customers that the Microsoft
Anti-virus Solution is way too aggressive, and was causing FrameMaker
and/or Acrobat Distiller to hand while attempting to print any graphics
that contained transparency areas.

If your company has a different Anti-virus suite available, I recommend
uninstalling MSE, and switching.

If you don't have that option, you will need to configure MSE to exclude
processes FrameMaker.exe, and Acrobat.exe, and perhaps add folder
exclusion too.

Regards
// Simon BUCH