OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Richard Doll sgmlindy at tds.net
Wed May 22 10:05:42 PDT 2013

all Adobe users

also signed the petition . . . because (follows)

had recent issues with customer supplied images as PDF (would crash my Acrobat 7.1).
emailed "Support" who said "they knew of and had a fix to download, but would require me to delete/remove my 7.1.
asked them 3x more - all with "yes" response to remonal.
"activation" FAILED - with NO FURTHER response forthcoming.
except . . . could download "trial" of Acro-XI . . . and they desperately pushed for "subscription into the cloud".
opted for "purchase" which does function fine . . . just each launch has message box of "xx days remaining/ready to subscribe?"

all of which reminds me of my Frame-10 install of last Sept.
and its crash on 1/1/2013 with Notice . . . You have EXPIRED.
OOOOOPS!
maybe it was just a test of code embedded as request for more $$.

beware of stuff that emanates within clouds
If in doubt . . . ask a resident of Oklahoma City.

Scrooge
Graphic Communications
sgmlindy at tds.net