pod for displaying and sorting lists of markers, xrefs etc.

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 07:38:26 PDT 2013

I don't really see the UI name collision you describe. The pods for xrefs,
markers, etc. are clearly a different form of access to these various
objects. It's not like calling up the pod doesn't clearly show something
different that calling up the older object editing windows. The older access
window is jumped to when you click on Edit in the pod, but the pod clearly
adds new capabilities beyond creation and editing of the objects.

Given the amount of pod bashing that occurs on this list, it might be time
for everyone to take another look at the pods that offer new functionality
and flexibility of handling. It's not just about having the ability to
rearrange the input windows.

I suggest that Maxwell Hoffmann take a good look at this controversy and do
a webinar on these pods. (Not that they haven't been there for some time,
but a fresh look wouldn't hurt.)

Craig