web-safe fonts & characters 2014

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Aug 5 11:58:54 PDT 2014

I can tell you one font that is NOT Web-safe: Helvetica. I recommend
that you keep it out of your Web documents. There is a Windows bug that
causes IE to display Web pages as blank when Helvetica is installed on
the computer and listed as the first font in a page's CSS. When I was
unfortunate enough to have problems displaying Web pages, it took me
quite a while to find the solution online. If you search Google for
"Helvetica blank pages IE," you'll see all kinds of information on it.

Mike Wickham