Cannot insert the infinity symbol and other special character problems

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 12:39:13 PST 2014

Windows Character Map should work, but not all systems have it installed. My company's IT department, for example, does not include it in the standard corporate desktop image. But the necessary executable *is* present in all Windows 7 system installations, and you can install it as a "Windows component"  from the Add Programs control panel tool.

But as of FM9, FrameMaker itself has a similar (albeit *very* crude looking...) tool built in. Go to Edit>Utilities>Character Palette. And if you know the Unicode character number, you can also use File>Utilities>Hex Input, whihc is even cruder looking than the Character Palette (if that is possible).

-Fred Ridder